Red Hat's issues in considering the D language

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 23 06:14:41 PST 2016

On Wed, 2016-12-21 at 15:49 -0800, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> […]
>
> Anyone who wants to use ldc can use ldc. It doesn't need to be the
> reference
> compiler for that. And unlike gdc, it's actually pretty close to dmd.
> So,
> there should be no problem with folks using ldc for production right
> now if
> they want to.

Strikes me that the really obvious thing to say is that DMD is the
playground where whoever wants to can play with and progress the D
front end in the knowledge that no-one is going to use DMD in
production. People use LDC in production because it is the right thing
to do: stable proven front end, stable proven backend, and yet up to
date.

What is not to like here? What is the problem here?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk