Red Hat's issues in considering the D language

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 23 14:39:53 PST 2016

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 07:59:40 -0800, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> dmd compiles code faster, which is better from a development standpoint.
> Assuming that dmd and ldc are compatible enough, it makes a lot of sense
> to do most of the development with dmd and produce the actual product
> with ldc.

You'll want your CI server to build with both thanks to ABI
incompatibilities. That way, if I depend on a library that you wrote, I
can grab an official build from the CI server that's ABI-compatible with
DMD. Or do everything from source.