DIP10005: Dependency-Carrying Declarations is now available for community feedback

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 31 09:20:11 PST 2016

On Saturday, 24 December 2016 at 10:54:08 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> If that were made more lazy, we could import half of the world
> with noticing impact.
>
> (Which espcially in std.traits, would not make that much of a
> difference since every template in there depends on nearly
> every other template in there)

Also the established technique of serializing precompiled AST
(after semantic3) of modules to a cache should be applicable as
well.

Cross-posting from
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/51#issuecomment-269107966, b/c
it wasn't answered yet.

Were any other means considered? This is proposing to add plenty
of additional annotations only to speed up compilation, but none
of the classical tools for pre-compilation were assessed.
Since D's modules don't have the header problem, even
pre-compilation and reuse of semantic3 should be possible, or not?