CTFE thoughts & functional approach

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 2 00:31:07 PST 2016

On 2016-01-31 15:31:59 +0000, anonymous said:

> You're conflating CTFE with the other meta programming tools here. CTFE
> is the same language as run-time D, but it doesn't have strange
> template syntax. Templates, static if, __traits, etc. have strange
> syntax, but they're sort of a different language already.

See my example in the other post. IMO what I want to achieve is a very
simple example but the implementation I came up with is far from being
simple.

> Are you maybe wishing for a nicer alternative to templates, etc?

No, my point is that CTFE and meta-programming seems to be much simpler
and powerful if I can use a more functional programming approach for
it. Working with powerful lists and data = code and code = data concept
would simplify this.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com