CTFE thoughts & functional approach

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 2 00:34:38 PST 2016

On 2016-02-01 08:15:11 +0000, deadalnix said:

> I'm not sure what is preventing you from doing that already. There is
> compile time reflection (has access to some compiler internals) and D
> support functional style. Unless you have some specific in mind, I
> don't think there is anything we can do to help here. t seems you
> already have the pieces you want.

See my other example. Yes, maybe I can do everything already, but it's
not straightforward. I have to fiddle around a lot to get it to work.

Of course that can be my incompetence with CTFE. However, my experience
and intuition is that what I would like to use CTFE for
(code-generation depending on some other parts of the code like enums,
presence of member functions, etc.) can be done much simpler than at
the moment.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com