questions about NetBSD port

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 2 23:01:10 PST 2016

On 3 Feb 2016 7:30 am, "Joakim via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 at 18:45:20 UTC, Nikolay wrote:
>>
>> I am porting LDC/phobos/druntime to NetBSD. Currently my patch is merged
into LDC master. I have several questions about phobos/druntime and general
workflow.
>> As I can understand I should prepare pull requests for phobos/druntime
master branches. LDC team will merge/cherry-pick changes into ldc branch
from master later. Is it correct workflow?  Because it means that I can’t
check my patch: there is no dmd compiler for NetBSD + phobos/druntime
master branches.

> You're probably better off porting dmd 2.068 first (as it's the last dmd
written wholly in C++), using it to compile dmd git master on NetBSD, then
porting druntime and phobos master.  Porting dmd to NetBSD/x86 is likely
easy: simply follow what the other BSDs have done, as you did for ldc.

I doubt it. Using ldc/gdc usually means that it's just the library you need
to play with, not the compiler.