questions about NetBSD port

Nikolay via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 02:21:37 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 06:25:49 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 at 18:45:20 UTC, Nikolay wrote:
>
> You're probably better off porting dmd 2.068 first (as it's the
> last dmd written wholly in C++), using it to compile dmd git
> master on NetBSD, then porting druntime and phobos master.
> Porting dmd to NetBSD/x86 is likely easy: simply follow what
> the other BSDs have done, as you did for ldc.

Is it possible to compile dmd with ldc?
There are some additional changes in druntime for dmd comparing
with ldc. So even working NetBSD dmd compiler is not full
solution. I think new platforms will have troubles until we have
separate branches for druntime/phobos in LDC/GDC and patch
direction master -> LDC/GDC.