TIOBE February 2016.... 15 ?!

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 11:28:29 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 19:16:00 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
> I take the TIOBE as good PR, because it always appearing on
> Reddit and people talk about for good or worst.

Whenever D is making a marketing push you get newbies in the
forums complaining about lacking libraries, lacking IDE, lacking
tooling. Then they leave, most likely with a bad impression,
because they had higher expectations.

If people believe that D is as popular as Swift, which is the
current TIOBE ranking, they also expect the eco system of Swift.
Which D cannot deliver.

Yes, I am pessimistic when it comes to FUD, it leads to
resentment.

What the D community needs is users with realistic expectations
and goals.