reduce -> fold?

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 12:12:38 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 16:40:49 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 02/03/2016 10:18 AM, Atila Neves wrote:
>> I guess this is to be a brand new PR? I've been reading the
>> old one and
>> the discussions. A lot of unanswered questions there and I
>> have a new
>> opinion on at least one of them.
>
> If by the old one you mean the valiant effort to overload
> reduce, forget it. Just add fold as a one-liner that forwards
> to reduce. -- Andrei

Ah, yes. That definitely makes more sense than me writing one
from scratch this afternoon, which I totally didn't do... :P

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3968

I think fold should be nothrow, but maybe that's just me. It's
also a massive pain to make it that way, so I didn't for now.

Atila