Dwarf Exception Handling now on FreeBSD!

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 12:18:52 PST 2016

On 2/3/16 11:28 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 31 January 2016 at 06:34:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> 32/64 support now on Linux and FreeBSD.
>>
>>   https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5376
>>
>> Turns out that FreeBSD is close enough to Linux that it "just worked".
>
> It's always nice when that happens, especially when there's not much FreeBSD-specific work going on,
> and the autotesters have generally been on older versions of FreeBSD such that issues on the newer
> versions don't always get noticed (e.g. for a while there, the shared library stuff passed the tests
> on FreeBSD 8 but not later; fortunately Martin got that fixed though).
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I haven't put much time into investigation, but the last time I tried it, neither 9 nor 10 passed
the test suite.  If someone puts in the effort to get either or both of those working, I'd be happy
to upgrade some of the freebsd testers to newer versions.  There's currently 4 freebsd machines, so
plenty of room to have a mix of versions.  Not enough to test every combination of version and
bitness, but enough to allow randomness to expose issues.