TIOBE February 2016.... 15 ?!

cym13 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 15:08:19 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 20:41:59 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> It is possible to position a language as a focused niche
> alternative, people like to bet on the underdog. That's what
> attracted me to D 10 years ago. Walter was this courageous geek
> that singlehandedly challenged the big and bloated C++. I
> realized D was not finished, but had a favourable impression
> because my initial expectations were low.
>[...]

Alright, you win, I'm going to buy some bottles of whisky and
play blues all night to atone for the dreary thought of hords of
users coming to see what is done here. It's not as if we were
responsible for the TIOBE ranking, but we sure are responsible
for giving them hope in a new, how hopelessly uncomplete language
that we love.  They'll harass the developers with new uncovered
issues and criticate their choices. They'll fill the General
section of the forum with questions meant for Learn. They'll talk
about C++ like never before and maybe even about Rust or Go.  The
most clement ones will leave but not without a dreadful blog post
pointing at D's defects. The real problem will be with the other
ones, those who will decide to stay. Some by innocent cruelty,
others by sheer curiosity. They'll ask about how they can help
just to see our aimless messages unable to guide them to do
anything useful.

You're right, gaining unwanted attention really is a nightmare.

Oh, quick, a drink, I think I hear the first of them. They're
coming...

D's DoomsDay.