questions about NetBSD port

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 23:41:23 PST 2016

On 4 Feb 2016 7:25 am, "Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/2016 10:45 AM, Nikolay wrote:
>>
>> My question is: should I wrap such changes with version(NetBSD) statement
>

> Yes.
>

>> or it is acceptable reduce accuracy for all platforms?
>

> No. There have been many attempts to do this to Phobos, and it wrecks the
usefulness of the tests as it hides buggy, crappy algorithms.

Actually, I found the reverse! One of the inline assembly version paths are
correct up to double precision, the platform agnostic path I ported does
not have this problem, but fails the tests.

Adjusting them will *expose* the buggy algorithm for what it really is.