Iterating over modules

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 4 08:14:48 PST 2016

On Thursday, 4 February 2016 at 15:45:03 UTC, Satoshi wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any way how to iterate over every module/submodule?
>
> I have project like
> Rikarin
> Rikarin/AppKit
> Rikarin/Drawing
> Rikarin/Runtime
> etc.
>
> In every directory, I have package.d file where I include every
> .d file from the dir.
>
> And the think what I want to do is to define UDA's like
> @Action, @Outlet, etc. for methods and generate runtime info
> for them.
>
> I know I can use something like mixin(generate!...); in every
> file where I used that UDA's, but its not the best idea for me.

No, there isn't, and I feel your pain. The only way is to do
something similar to what dtest does for unit-threaded, i.e. have
a 1st run-time that reads all directories and writes the
equivalent source for you, or simply write it by hand and
maintain whenever you add/delete a module:

https://github.com/atilaneves/dtest
https://github.com/atilaneves/unit-threaded

Atila