Type safety could prevent nuclear war

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 4 14:57:00 PST 2016

The annual Underhanded C Contest announced their winners today.

As always, the results are very entertaining, and also an
excellent advertisement for languages-that-are-not-C.

The first place entry is particularly ridiculous; is there any
modern language that would make it so easy to commit such an
awful "mistake"?

http://www.underhanded-c.org/#winner

Actually, I'm surprised that this works even in C - I would have
expected at least a compiler (or linker?) warning; this seems
like it should be easy to detect automatically.