Scientific computing in D

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 5 12:13:42 PST 2016

On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 21:05:35 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 20:30:49 UTC, Gerald Jansen wrote:
>> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 19:31:14 UTC, Márcio Martins
>> wrote:
>>> I have been running some MCMC simulations in Python ...
>>>
>>> Is anyone doing similar stuff with D? Unfortunately, I
>>> couldn't find any plotting libraries nor MATLAB-like
>>> numerical/stats libs in dub.
>>>
>>> This seems like another area where D could easily pick up
>>> momentum with RDMD and perhaps an integration with Jupyter
>>> which is becoming very very popular.
>>
>> see http://dlangscience.github.io/
>
> And here is the gitter discussion site:
>
> https://gitter.im/DlangScience/public
>
> I've got this project
>
> https://bitbucket.org/bachmeil/dmdinline2
>
> to embed D inside R on Linux. Unfortunately the documentation
> isn't good. I'm currently working on going in the other
> direction, embedding R inside D. There are, of course, many
> good MCMC options in R that you could call from your D code.

Hi bachmeier.

Hope you're well.

What's the current status of calling R from D and D from R?  A
friend who is global head of derivatives research in London for a
bank was asking me as he is receptive to exploring alternatives.
It's for research not production so rough around the edges is
acceptable - provided one knows what one is dealing with
beforehand.

Thanks.

Laeeth.