Scientific computing in D

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 5 12:36:19 PST 2016

On Friday, 5 February 2016 at 20:13:42 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 21:05:35 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 20:30:49 UTC, Gerald Jansen
>> wrote:

>>> see http://dlangscience.github.io/
>>
>> And here is the gitter discussion site:
>>
>> https://gitter.im/DlangScience/public
>>
>> I've got this project
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/bachmeil/dmdinline2
>>
>> to embed D inside R on Linux. Unfortunately the documentation
>> isn't good. I'm currently working on going in the other
>> direction, embedding R inside D. There are, of course, many
>> good MCMC options in R that you could call from your D code.
>
> Hi bachmeier.
>
> Hope you're well.
>
> What's the current status of calling R from D and D from R?  A
> friend who is global head of derivatives research in London for
> a bank was asking me as he is receptive to exploring
> alternatives.  It's for research not production so rough around
> the edges is acceptable - provided one knows what one is
> dealing with beforehand.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Laeeth.

On Linux, works fine in either direction, though my recent
efforts have been embedding R inside D, so the underlying library
for that is much advanced over the older library for calling D
from R. I've set up a simple html page here:

http://lancebachmeier.com/rdlang/

I've gotten most of it working on Windows, but it's been slow,
since I don't use or understand that OS for development. I expect
to have it working fully in the next couple weeks. It would
probably be easy for someone with Windows experience to get it
working now.

Send an email to the address at this page
http://www.k-state.edu/economics/staff/bios/bachmeier.html if you
have any questions.