Proposal: Database Engine for D

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 05:41:03 PST 2016

On Saturday, 6 February 2016 at 00:14:08 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> and while we were talking the talk, rust community rolled out
> something good called diesel. check it out at http://diesel.rs/.
>
> we need tools that get things done. we do not need tools that
> makes things more complex than they already are.

Almost no one (including me) is interested in ORM for SQL. The
point is ORM+SQL is limiting and sooner or later you fallback to
SQL.

Additionally there is no critical mass for this kind of big
project (combining all the SQL engines - good luck).

Andrei suggested a CTFE sql parser, so people who like SQL (not
me) can benefit from the D metaprogramming power.

For the rest there is my proposal ;) : a language embedded DB. As
far as I can tell none of the known PLes has this "killer"
feature.

Piotrek