Proposal: Database Engine for D

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 05:55:26 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 04:19:01 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> You could equivalently have a string containing valid D code,
> accompanied by CTFE parsers that will determine which indices
> to use. This has typically been considered an antipattern. It
> tends to work poorly with refactoring tools, for instance, and
> there's an assumption that string literals are data and not
> code.

Would the D string tokens do?

BTW. Thanks for all your valuable comments. I really like that
kind of critique.

> C#'s system of lambda expressions that you can access as
> expression trees keeps the benefits of writing everything in
> the same language.

I think I'm still not convinced to that approach (seems hacky). I
agree with Walter in that matter (language changes, AST,
overloading etc).

Especially, D is number one in meta-programming capabilities
(among C++ and Rust) and nothing seems to change it in
foreseeable future
(https://users.rust-lang.org/t/rust-vs-dlang-i-want-more-experienced/4472/11)

Piotrek