Dwarf Exception Handling now on FreeBSD!

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 06:15:32 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 20:18:52 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 2/3/16 11:28 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Sunday, 31 January 2016 at 06:34:26 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>> 32/64 support now on Linux and FreeBSD.
>>>
>>>   https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5376
>>>
>>> Turns out that FreeBSD is close enough to Linux that it "just
>>> worked".
>>
>> It's always nice when that happens, especially when there's
>> not much FreeBSD-specific work going on,
>> and the autotesters have generally been on older versions of
>> FreeBSD such that issues on the newer
>> versions don't always get noticed (e.g. for a while there, the
>> shared library stuff passed the tests
>> on FreeBSD 8 but not later; fortunately Martin got that fixed
>> though).
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I haven't put much time into investigation, but the last time I
> tried it, neither 9 nor 10 passed the test suite.  If someone
> puts in the effort to get either or both of those working, I'd
> be happy to upgrade some of the freebsd testers to newer
> versions.  There's currently 4 freebsd machines, so plenty of
> room to have a mix of versions.  Not enough to test every
> combination of version and bitness, but enough to allow
> randomness to expose issues.

I know that the druntime and Phobos unit tests pass on 11 (which
is what I'm currently running), and I'm fairly sure that they do
on 10 (I don't know about 9), but I have no idea what the state
of the dmd tests are on anything newer than 8. I'll have to see
if I can find time to at least see what's currently working and
report issues.

- Jonathan M Davis