An IO Streams Library

Jason White via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 16:48:54 PST 2016

I see the subject of IO streams brought up here occasionally. The
general consensus seems to be that we need something better than
what Phobos provides.

I wrote a library "io" that can work as a replacement for
std.stdio, std.mmfile, std.cstream, and parts of std.stream:

     GitHub:  https://github.com/jasonwhite/io
     Package: https://code.dlang.org/packages/io

This library provides an input and output range interface for
streams (which is more efficient if the stream is buffered).
Thus, many of the wonderful range operations from std.range and
std.algorithm can be used with this.

I'm interested in feedback on this library. What is it missing?
How can be better?

I'm also interested in a discussion of what IO-related
functionality people are missing in Phobos.

Please destroy!