An IO Streams Library

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 17:59:43 PST 2016

On 07/02/16 2:55 PM, Jason White wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 01:20:26 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>> I posted a link to your repo a couple days ago in IRC.
>> Honestly? I like it. It looks reasonably well made.
>
> Thanks. I saw a link to it in a recent thread in Learn. I figured I'd
> finally make a proper post on it.
>
>> There is a bit of work regarding interfaces + ranges.
>> I.e. Sink really should be inheriting from OutputRange!ubyte
>
> I haven't had much use for the interfaces, which is why they aren't
> fleshed out. Do you have any particular use cases for this in mind?

I have no use case other then range compatibility.

>> Its no where near Phobos quality and that is ok for now.
>
> I agree. The documentation needs work and I imagine there are lots of
> use cases that aren't well supported. Increased visibility and usage
> definitely helps with finding the warts.

Actually I think there are plenty of use cases not implemented.
Done properly as a full replacement and rework of Phobos will mean you
need to do almost everything in e.g. std.stdio and std.socket but with
better abstractions.

Of course your goal may not be inline with my assertions of reworking
Phobos. So feel free to ignore, it just would be a shame since it really
needs some love.