Github woes

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 7 02:48:49 PST 2016

On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 10:27:02 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 07/02/16 11:22 PM, Wobbles wrote:
>> Just curious, is there a backup plan for D if github.com goes
>> by the
>> wayside?
>>
>> Now that there seems to be community back-lash against it (at
>> least on
>> reddit) maybe a contingency plan would be useful.
>>
>> Obviously not today or tomorrow, but you never know what's
>> down the road.
>
> The only thing that we have hosted on Github is code.
> So excluding integrations, we could move over to Bitbucket
> without too many problems.
>
> I really wouldn't worry about it. Sure it would upset and add a
> lot of extra work but we sure won't be the only ones in that
> position.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of valuable info in the PR comments,
that would be lost if github.com went down.  Since D never
switched from bugzilla to github for bugs, that wouldn't be an
issue.  Hopefully, we could pull that github PR discussion from a
backup at archive.org or someplace.