Google Summer of Code 2016

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 8 05:25:38 PST 2016

On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 12:14:24 UTC, Dragos Carp wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 February 2016 at 20:18:57 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
> wrote:
>> Anyone interested and capable of mentor a student interested
>> in doing FlatBuffers for D.
>
> I could do that. Currently, as a side project, I'm working on
> adding D support for Protocol Buffers v3 [1].
>
> Main goals of the new design:
> - integration in the upstream project
> - simple readable generated code
> - range based solution
>
> Of course, the same can be applied for the FlatBuffers.
>
> [1] https://github.com/dcarp/protobuf/tree/dlang_support

Awesome! Thanks.  I will write up something on the idea's page in
the next day or two (which you are welcome to edit of course).
Also, if a student were interested in working on Protocol
Buffers, would there be opportunities there too?

I also ask Mentor's to write a little bit about themselves on the
mentor's page:

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_mentors