dpaste and the wayback machine

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 8 12:02:41 PST 2016

On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 21:59:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Dpaste currently does not expire pastes by default. I was
> thinking it would be nice if it saved them in the Wayback
> Machine such that they are archived redundantly.
>
> I'm not sure what's the way to do it - probably linking the
> newly-generated paste URLs from a page that the Wayback Machine
> already knows of.
>
> I just saved this by hand: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/2012caf872ec
> (when the WM does not see a link that is search for, it offers
> the option to archive it) obtaining
> https://web.archive.org/web/20160207215546/http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/2012caf872ec.
>

> Thoughts?
>
> Andrei

I'm not sure if the wayback machine should be used for version
control, if you want to keep a history of your past I suggest
using a gist.github.com.

I view the wayback machine as a view for what the web used to
look like not necessarily what information was in it.