Support for D in VSCode

Gerald via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 14:57:42 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 22:23:49 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> Sounds awesome for the community! But for me this will probably
> be a real downside as we put so much work into our vscode
> extension already.
>
> In case someone didn't know: me and Wild made a D extension for
> vscode supporting dub (build, run, linting) + dub.json
> completion, dfmt, dscanner, dcd, DlangUI Markup Language syntax
> + auto complete, SDL syntax, arsd.script syntax, jade syntax,
> upload to dpaste and D snippets:
> https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but all MS has done is move it to a
wiki requesting an extension from the community for it. I don't
see anything that indicates that they will do any work on this.
You've already done what has been requested IMHO, it would be
great if there was a way to update the issue/wiki to point to
your extension.

I've been using your extension for awhile now while and it's been
great, I'm finding vscode coupled with code-d to be much more
productive for me then other toolchains I've chained.