OT: 'conduct unbecoming of a hacker'

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 10 10:31:22 PST 2016

On 02/10/2016 01:09 PM, Joakim wrote:

> Pretty funny that he chose Stallman as his example of a guy who gets
> stuff done, whose Hurd microkernel never actually got done, :) though
> certainly ambitious, so Stallman would never have had a FOSS OS on which
> to run his GNU tools if it weren't for Linus.

[Unimportant theorizing ahead...]

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true: It could be argued the existence
and proliferation of the Linux kernel reduced the priority of his Hurd
work, even if only to a subconscious extent. If it hadn't been for the
Linux kernel, maybe there would have been more drive (and more
contributors) to Hurd.