Babylon JS-like game engine or complete port

karabuta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 10 12:07:24 PST 2016

I like the feel when using Babylon JS(http://www.babylonjs.com/)
and how the APIs are designed. It has glTF, STL & OBJ importers
and many more cool features for game devs
(http://www.babylonjs.com/#featuresdemossection).

But, it does give me the power and performance I need since it is
based on webGL and JS.

Now, how practical will it be to port this JS game engine to D
(OpenGL / Vulkhan/ **)? There seems to be a Haxe Version
(http://babylonhx.gamestudiohx.com/) which has something to do
with C++ (seems Haxe can target C++).

Is anyone doing something like that?

Example;

  // Babylon
     var engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);
     var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine);
     var camera = new BABYLON.FreeCamera("Camera", new
BABYLON.Vector3(-190, 120, -243), scene);
     camera.setTarget(new BABYLON.Vector3(-189, 120, -243));
     camera.rotation = new BABYLON.Vector3(0.30, 1.31, 0);

     camera.attachControl(canvas);

I can handle brutal honesty so, destroy :)