Can I get more opinions on increasing the logo size on the site please

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 10 14:17:52 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 at 21:44:54 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> On 10.02.2016 22:37, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
>> I know I can take the logo from the website and blow it up,
>> but it is
>> pretty small and enlarging it so much will result in a pretty
>> awful
>> looking image.
>
> It's an SVG file, so enlarging should work beautifully. If
> you're having trouble with it, I can upload a larger SVG or PNG
> version.
>
> Is 256x256 the ideal format? Does it need to be square? The
> logo on the site is more wide than high. Do you want it cropped
> or centered?

Thanks.  I found the SVG version, which I should be able to
resize.  For some reason Google wants a logo at least 256x256.
Not sure if it has to be square, need to check their site again,
think it has to be 256 on the smallest dimension.

I am reasonably competent with image processing software, so I
should be OK, even if I have to crop/squish it.  Actually, it
would make more sense to just add a white background and centre
it on that if they don't take irregular shapes.   If I get stuck,
I will know who to ask.