Wannabe contributor frustrations

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 10 16:20:19 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 at 23:30:03 UTC, Márcio Martins
wrote:
> I did my changes to druntime, rebuilt with make -f posix.mak

You really need to build all three together to see changes
effectively...

IMO it is a denial of reality to put them in three separate
repositories since they are so strongly coupled in practice -
their makefiles reference each other!

> I create a dmd.conf in ../dmd/src right next to my custom dmd
> binary, but still doesn't work.

That shouldn't be necessary, but building phobos as well as your
custom druntime probably is.

> dmd should have a verbose mode where it outputs what it's
> trying to do and with which settings, so I could have a chance
> at seeing what I have messed up, and what linker command it is

try `dmd -v`