Wannabe contributor frustrations

Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 10 23:18:56 PST 2016

Dne 11.2.2016 v 05:52 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d napsal(a):
> On 2/10/2016 6:07 PM, Etienne wrote:
>> It took me way more than 2 hours to grasp how this build process
>> works. It
>> wasn't until I had read through the whole source code actually.
>
> These are opportunities to improve things. If you could issue PRs to
> improve the documentation at the pain points, it'll help the next
> traveler. Or at least open a bugzilla issue for it.

Documentation is only one part of problem. Every time when I want to
contribute to D(dmd, druntime + phobos) it takes hours(days) of
persuasion of myself.

Adding some new feature or fix something new is generaly easy (still it
is useless hard), but when I want to find out regression it is really
annoying and I often give up.