Wannabe contributor frustrations

Márcio Martins via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 11 02:55:12 PST 2016

On Thursday, 11 February 2016 at 07:23:26 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 February 2016 at 06:57:39 UTC, Daniel Kozak
> wrote:
>> Dne 11.2.2016 v 01:20 Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
>> napsal(a):
>>> IMO it is a denial of reality to put them in three separate
>>> repositories since they are so strongly coupled in practice -
>>> their makefiles reference each other!
>> Yes, this is the main reason why I  does not do dmd and
>> druntime development much often. I really hate when I try to
>> bisect regressions.
>
> That's what digger is for: https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger
>
> But yes, having everything in one repo would make some things
> easier.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Is there a practical reason why they are not in the same repo? It
seems only logical to me that you'd grab everything at once since
since they are always in sync anyways...

Thanks for the help guys! I will give it another spin when I have
an opportunity again.

Meanwhile would be good to add a little note to the makefiles
warning about this. Perhaps at the end of a build it could issue
this a warning saying: "Note you need to build Phobos as well!"