An important pull request: accessing shared affix for immutable data

Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 13 10:50:13 PST 2016

digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3991

The only difference between an approach based on an associative array and
> AffixAllocator is that the latter is faster (the association is fixed by
> layout).

Could you point to your benchmark / paper about this ?

The general idea sounds good, however I share deadalnix's concern over
storing the metadata next to the user's data. I also fail to see how those
are a "soup of generic considerations", given it only apply when using an
affix.