An important pull request: accessing shared affix for immutable data

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 13 14:01:45 PST 2016

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 21:10:50 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> There's no need. I'll do the implementation with the prefix,
> and if you do it with a global hashtable within the same or
> better speed, my hat is off to you.

That is false dichotomy. What about storing the metadata at an
address that is computable from from the object's address, while
not being contiguous with the object allocated ? Is substracting
a constant really the only option here ? (hint, it is not)