Weird issue with std.range.iota.length

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 02:59:41 PST 2016

Maybe I'm missing something, but can't the length just be size_t?
I doubt there is much you could do with code which generates
finite sequences larger than the addressable memory space, aside
from very abstract and inefficient mathematical calculations
which skip over elements. iota would probably work better with
size_t in most cases, and if you really well and truly need
something which generates finite sequences of integers larger
than the addressable memory space, you can always just write your
own version.