Digital Audio Workstation in D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 15 02:52:17 PST 2016

On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 07:55:22 UTC, Tanel Tagaväli wrote:
> Once I've learned more about the insides of audio software and
> the native APIs on multiple platforms, I might be able to
> contribute to said audio primitives.

I think you should forget about creating abstractions. Use the
low level audio API for the platform directly.

But you haven't really said what features you want. You basically
need to read up on signal processing... A good DSP C-library is
the main bottleneck for such a project.

I haven't been able to find a BSD style licensed high quality
polyphase resampling library. Which is what you need if you want
to efficiently change pitch on the fly.

If someone knows of one, please let me know :-).