Encode string as json string

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 15 07:22:59 PST 2016

On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 14:09:04 UTC, tcak wrote:
> Other than generating normal JSON content (stringify), JSON
> string is used for Javascript string expressions as well.
>
> To create a properly encoded Javascript string, the shortest
> way is
>
> JSONValue("this'\\is//the\"text").toString();
>
> Yes, it works, but it is uncomfortable to write the code as
> above. Two issues:
>
> 1. It creates a struct, and there are extra processing in the
> background (check the source code for this.)
>
> 2. It is really long.
>
> std.json already has a string encoding function in it, but it
> is not exposed outside.
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/json.d#L1002
>
> It would be quite useful to expose this function for ease of
> use. Any thoughts?

I've been using http://code.dlang.org/packages/std_data_json
instead, and it's in the running to be a replacement for std.json
(though I don't know quite what the status of all that it is; it
was reviewed but still had work it needed IIRC). It's worked well
enough for me and might do better for you than std.json. I don't
know though. I pretty much only use JSON when I have to.

- Jonathan M Davis