Head Const

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 16 05:35:56 PST 2016

On 02/16/2016 02:49 PM, Marc Schütz wrote:
> `@mutable` OTOH would be a useful for both C++, reference counting,
> caching, lazy initialization... But we need to find a way to keep most
> of the existing guarantees, especially concerning shareability.

In my opinion @mutable would be a disaster of much higher destructive
impact than head const. I am very opposed to it no matter how it is
designed. Once you start considering it, you are better at simply
throwing away existing const system and starting it all from scratch
with D3. Logical const is harmful as it doesn't give and serious
guarantees but gives developer a false sense of confidence.