OT: Nature on the 'end' of Moore's Law

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 16 11:13:45 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 16 February 2016 at 18:28:19 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> I guess I feel that I could say that if it isn't solving a
> significant real problem in the real world it isn't really
> Forth.

Completely wrong, it was called Postscript, ran on laser printers
and solved a significant real problem for decades. As in:
describing graphics.

Nobody in their right mind would willingly choose to implement an
application in Forth, beyond a trivial micro-controller. It was a
fun little toy language for the 80s, and yes, I used it; but
would frankly much rather program in assembly.

Is there a point in this?