Another new io library

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 16 23:15:01 PST 2016

On 2/17/16 1:58 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> A few things:
> https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe/blob/master/source/iopipe/traits.d#L126
> why isn't that used more especially with e.g. window?
> After all, window seems like a very well used word...

Not sure what you mean.

> I don't like that a stream isn't inherently an input range.
> This seems to me like a good place to use this abstraction by default.

What is front for an input stream? A byte? A character? A word? A line?

It's not there by default because it would be too assuming IMO. You can
create an input range out of a stream quite easily.

e.g.
https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe/blob/master/source/iopipe/bufpipe.d#L664

What would be the benefit of having it an input range by default?

-Steve