Official compiler

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 07:40:08 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 13:05:53 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> "If you're careful, as fast as C++" isn't by itself the most
> compelling sales pitch.

That's never going to be a good selling pitch, if it were true
100% of the time. If that's all that someone cares about, they're
just going to continue to use C++. Why bother switching? It may
matter that their performance isn't going to take a huge hit by
switching to D, but it's all of the other stuff about D that's
going to actually get someone interested - the stuff that it does
better than other languages, not the stuff that it's "as good at"
as other languages. And as long as we have alternative compilers
which produce code on par with the big C++ compilers, I really
don't think that we have an issue here.

- Jonathan M Davis