std.xml2 (collecting features) control character

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 09:26:30 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 16:56:08 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
>> unix file says it is a utf8 encoded file, but not BOM is
>> present.
>
> the hex dump is "3C 66 6F 6F 3E C2 80 3C 2F 66 6F 6F 3E"

Gah, I should have read this before replying... well, that does
appear to be valid utf-8.... why is it throwing an exception then?

I'm pretty sure that byte stream *is* actually well-formed xml
1.0 and should pass utf validation as well as the XML
well-formedness check.