Official compiler

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 10:10:25 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 17:56:32 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> Honestly, I think that dmd _should_ be the goto compiler. [snip]

I agree with your response.

That being said, it can't hurt to make things a bit more clear
for new users. If you go to the download page, there is a more
information button that takes you to the wiki. But the wiki page
seems to just look like raw html. It doesn't look nearly as good
as the page we are coming from.

Assuming that is fixed, I would recommend two small other changes:
1) Put the first line from the wiki where it says "If you're a
beginner DMD is the recommended choice, ..." on the top of the
compiler page,
2) Replace the GDC and LDC "Strong optimization" lines in the
download page with something a little clearer. Even "Stronger
optimization than DMD" would be clearer.