Official compiler

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 10:26:46 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 15:58:14 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
>  but for the second group, a language that's fast like C/C++
> but not nearly as unproductive IS appealing, and even seems to
> be something they're often on the lookout for.

I would agree with you if you could write D code using the most
convenient style possible, compile using LDC, and get the same
speed as C or C++. My experience suggests that is not going to
happen. You're going to need some knowledge of the language to
get the best performance.