Official compiler

Radu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 12:48:46 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 10:42:33 UTC, Márcio Martins
wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 10:16:40 UTC, Radu wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Walter doesn't have to give up working on DMD, right? Everyone
> could continue working on DMD, perhaps a few people could help
> on all three, I don't know... It's important if more people
> work on DMD and focus on polishing the frontend and language
> features, being the reference compiler, and used by all three
> compilers as well. What could potentially be important would be
> to backport key fixes/features from current frontend to LDC/GDC
> as well.

As history tells, everything has to do with him moving D to more
open waters.

DMD is just a piece of that history and an excuse to keep working
in a confort zone. It adds nothing strategically and it's just
the last vestige of the old D world.