Vulkan bindings

Alex Parrill via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 17:49:12 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 03:39:30 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 03:38:42 UTC, Kapps wrote:
>>
>> This is what I did with OpenGL for my own bindings. It had
>> some nice benefits like having the documentation be (mostly)
>> accessible.
>>
>> Unfortunately, turns out the spec contains a lot of typos,
>> including wrong arguments / function names.
>
> And I should clarify, ahead of time to generate a .d file, not
> at compile-time. :P

Yea, by "directly", I meant using D templates and CTFE, not a
script that generates a D file.

For my own project, since I just need the function names, I'm
using a Python script to generate a CSV file from the OpenGL
spec, then importing/parsing that with D. It's neat, but slows
down the build a lot. I haven't had any issues with typos, though.