Another new io library

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 19 02:22:16 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 18:27:28 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> The philosophy that I settled on is to create an iopipe that
> extends one "item" at a time, even if more are available. Then,
> apply the range interface on that.
>
> When I first started to write byLine, I made it a range. Then I
> thought, "what if you wanted to iterate by 2 lines at a time,
> or iterate by one line at a time, but see the last 2 for
> context?", well, then that would be another type, and I'd have
> to abstract out the functionality of line searching.

You mean window has current element and context - lookahead and
lookbehind? I stumbled across this article
http://blog.jooq.org/2016/01/06/2016-will-be-the-year-remembered-as-when-java-finally-had-window-functions/ it suggests that such window abstraction is generally useful for data analysis.