Poor memory allocation performance with a lot of threads on 36 core machine

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 19 15:41:27 PST 2016

On Friday, 19 February 2016 at 08:29:00 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> but the fact that we're a system language that allows you
> ultimately to do most anything really limits what we can do in
> comparison to a language sitting in VM.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

some small language changes could greatly improve the ability to
implement an efficient GC in D i.e, no interior pointers by
default

the overhead caused by having to find object roots far outweighs
the cost of carrying a base pointer + offset