Neovim autocompletion using deoplete

landaire via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 20 14:04:57 PST 2016

I wanted to drop by with a link to something I've been working on
for a few days: deoplete-d [1]. If anyone uses Neovim with
deoplete [2] this plugin will add asynchronous autocompletion for
D utilizing DCD. It's pretty basic right now but I've found it
better than using dutyl.

Issues are expected but as long as dcd-client and dcd-server are
in your $PATH nothing should break terribly (there are options to
set these manually but I haven't bothered to actually test them).

Some notes since I'm missing docs:

- By default it'll auto-start dcd-server and kill the process
when nvim exits
- If your buffer has a parent directory `src` or `source` then
that directory will be added to DCD's import paths, otherwise the
buffer's parent dir is added

Demo: https://gfycat.com/ImprobableSecondhandAmericanwarmblood

[1] https://github.com/landaire/deoplete-d
[2] https://github.com/Shougo/deoplete.nvim