Implement the "unum" representation in D ?

Nick B via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 20 15:25:40 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 17 February 2016 at 16:35:41 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 February 2016 at 08:11:21 UTC, Nick B wrote:

> Wrt phobos, I would just recommend that whatever unum library
> gets eventually written has a companion with the equivalent of
> the functions from std.math.

Having just looked at the slides again, I believe this will break
compatibility with std.math, (for example it throws out NaN),
just as D has broken full compatibility with all of C++.

I hope to have a link to the revised presentation within 7 days.

Can anyone tell me who are the maths experts, and hard science
users, around here ?

Nick