C++ UFCS update

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 24 13:31:56 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 21:12:23 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> It's obvious that Walter considers arity to be part of the
> identity of an operator. If you find pleasure in finding irony
> in misrepresented statements, feel free. I don't.

There's nothing misrepresented in what I wrote. If you want arity
to be part of the identity, you might as well including typing.
That just a very convenient rewriting of reality, typical
apologetic D-advocacy. The operator is the symbol and reusing it
for something unrelated has a negative effect on usability.

You guys need to stop complaining about the insignificant
splinters of C++ and start worrying about the beams that are
stumbling blocks for D. C++ is alive and kicking...